Monday, November 21, 2011

I have Rosacea and I hate it. Does anyone know what kind of cleanser and moisturizer I should use??

i've had it for 15 years. i only use 2 different soaps, either aveeno oatmeal soap (blue trim box balancing bar) or goats milk. neither one is actually soap. do use hot water only warm, the heat makes it worse. also i use a lotion from the doctor and only oil free cosmetics. it is an awful condition. some days it feels like all the skin on my face is going to burn off. good luck.I have Rosacea and I hate it. Does anyone know what kind of cleanser and moisturizer I should use??
Cleansers and moisturizers won't cure rosacea but this is recommended:





Skin Care


Patients should check with their physicians to ensure their skin-care routine is compatible with their rosacea. A gentle skin-care routine can also help control rosacea. Patients are advised to clean their face with a mild and non-abrasive cleanser, then rinse with lukewarm water and blot the face dry with a thick cotton towel. Never pull, tug or use a rough washcloth.





Patients may apply non-irritating skin-care products as needed, and are advised to protect the skin from sun exposure using a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher.





Cosmetics may be used to conceal the effects of rosacea. Green makeup or green-tinted foundations can be used to counter redness. This can be followed by a skin-tone foundation with natural yellow tones, avoiding those with pink or orange hues.





A rosacea facial care routine recommended by many dermatologists starts with a gentle and refreshing cleansing of the face each morning. Sufferers should use a mild soap or cleanser that is not grainy or abrasive, and spread it with their fingertips. A soft pad or washcloth can also be used, but avoid rough washcloths, loofahs, brushes or sponges.





Next, rinse the face with lukewarm water several times and blot it dry with a thick cotton towel. Never pull, tug, scratch or treat the face harshly. Sufferers should let their face air dry for several minutes before applying a topical medication. Let the medication soak in for an additional five or 10 minutes before using any makeup or other skin care products.I have Rosacea and I hate it. Does anyone know what kind of cleanser and moisturizer I should use??
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=na鈥?/a>
Try the Zenmed products. You can find it on the internet. It is a bit pricey but it worked great for me. I was using a prescription steriod cream given to me by the dermatologist and it made my face worse within 3 days. My cheeks and forehead were so inflammed, it looked liked I had a severe sunburn with whelts and all. This was 3 weeks before I was to stand in a wedding. I couldn't go out of the house.


Zenmed is an all natural product and I ordered it quickly. It arrived a few days later and I began the routine. Within 3 days, the damage the cream did was totally unnoticable. I love this product. I use it daily and highly recommend you try. Hey, it can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment