Thursday, July 22, 2010

Has anyone had or heard of steroid induced Rosacea?

Well I've been dealing with it for 4 months now. I'm on 2 topical creams, one being metrocream and tetracycline. I am not seeing much of a difference and still have little bumps. What can I do?? See anothe Dr. for a second opinion?Has anyone had or heard of steroid induced Rosacea?
4 months is long enough to see results. If I were you I would either go back to the dermotolgist (depending on your experience with him/her) or get another opinion. I might actually stop the creams to see if it gets worse. If it gets worse your medication isn't strong enough. If it gets better, then that means you could be sensitive to the medication and need different medication.





Although rare, prednisone can cause redness of the face. If you are no longer on it, the symptoms usually leave as well. I hope they also looked into the possibility of lupus as well. Not likely, but good to know.





This is just my opinion. I am not a doctor...although I like to think I am sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment