Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's a good remedy for acne rosacea?

I'm 34 and for the past 20 years or so I've dealt with what I believe is acne rosacea--my T-zone and chin get red all the time, especially during that time of the month.





Washing daily with Noxzema seems to help...but it's still there.





I hardly get acne...just the redness.What's a good remedy for acne rosacea?
Cleanse/Detox diet. Uusally clears up skin problems.What's a good remedy for acne rosacea?
Same thing for me. I don't acne as much as I do the redness. I've tied everything the dermatologist has thrown at me including laser treatment. I'm curious about the detox diet, does it work?


Check out my Rosacea blog: http://redintheface.wordpress.com/ Report Abuse

Clenia wash and Elidel (both from the dermatologist)
Have the doctor give you a prescription for metro gel and tetracycline for at least a month. Stay away from spicy foods, tomato sauce, chocolate, stress, wine or alcohol for starters. You can find out what else may trigger break outs. I always found a good antibiotic soap works well too.
Wash daily with Dove soap, use Pond's cold cream at bedtime, and ALWAYS ALWAYS wear sunscreen even if you will only be outside for five minutes. This will prevent flare ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment