Saturday, July 24, 2010

Rosacea?after a shower my face is red and splotchy,ALONG WITH RED,ITCHY BURNING EYES THOUGHOUT THE DAY,ANYONE?

THE SLOTCHYNESS ONLY HAPPENS AFTER A SHOWER,AND LATELY MY EYES ARE BLOOD SHOT,ITCHY,BURNING, ANY CONNECTIONS TO ROSACEA?Rosacea?after a shower my face is red and splotchy,ALONG WITH RED,ITCHY BURNING EYES THOUGHOUT THE DAY,ANYONE?
I think I may have it. Seems to be kind of a hard one to diagnose. I have some of the same symptoms. My skin also cannot tolerate metal. Solid gold earrings turn black after time. I do not wear my wedding band because my finger breaks out almost immediately. I cannot wear any kind of necklace. It makes my neck and break out. Also, watch bands cause irritations. Even with leather bands, the metal clasp causes irritation. Ironically, though, a metal-banded, one-size-fits-all style watch does not irritate my skin, but I refuse to wear one like that because I think they look too damned goofy.Rosacea?after a shower my face is red and splotchy,ALONG WITH RED,ITCHY BURNING EYES THOUGHOUT THE DAY,ANYONE?
Regarding your eyes, Rosacea can also trigger a condition called blepheritis. All through college I had people thinking I was HIGH all the time. Anyways, I've started a blog and will cover the topic at some point.


http://redintheface.wordpress.com/ Report Abuse

It might be Rosacea, at least from what i have read on the Internet however my doctor did not add anything to it and said it might be just Acne, which are not entirely the same thing.





Here are a few tips not to trigger them.


- Dont take too hot bath/showers.


- Dont eat hot/spicy foods


- Dont stay away from the sun, stay in the shades.


- When you use facial cleaners use ones such as Clearasil(orsomethin). Scrubs/exfoliators can trigger the Rosacea. keep it to a minimum, or scrub very gently.


- Make sure your face is not too oily, or too dry





Guess that's about it, goes for the skin as well.


Oh by the way, my doctor gave me something for Acne and it just made it worse.





Good luck!
it could be very possible. i have the same problem after i get out of the shower or wash my face my face is red and hot. but my eyes do not burn or itch. i believe its rosacea. but i havent gotten it checked out. i just cover it up with make-up.
It sounds that you have a case of contact dermatitis;you are allergic to whatever you are using in the shower.You might need to get rid of the soap entirely and switch to the non-irritating Cetaphil line of cleanser;they have a bar cleanser and lotion cleanser,and cream moisturizers.A dermatologist can tell you what you have for sure,and can even help you pinpoint what you are allergic to.





I have atopic dermatitis(for 40+ years),a close-cousin to contact dermatitis.This means that you have sensitive skin and can't use a lot of products because your skin finds them irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment