Monday, July 26, 2010

What should i use to treat my rosacea?

i'm trying prosacea, which seems to be working, i've tried ''eucerin redness relief, but it didn't work help!!!! thanxWhat should i use to treat my rosacea?
I have been told there is no cure! What i do is get tanned and then the redness does not show, in winter I go to tanning salons to maintain the tanWhat should i use to treat my rosacea?
One of the best treatments for true rosacea is Finacea (15% azelaic acid). However, it is a prescription cream, so you have to see a doctor to obtain it. There's also a prescription wash called Plexion. Nicomide is an oral medication also good for rosacea (which I will discuss further below), and it is sometimes used in the place of oral antibiotics, which can also be useful for rosacea. Oracea, a new formulation of doxycycline, is also very good for rosacea, but the same results can be obtained from a higher dose of doxycycline (for usually a lower co-pay).





Some people who just have sensitive skin (and don't have true rosacea) are able to obtain some relief with over-the-counter (like Eucerin Redness Relief) and ';home'; remedies. However, true rosacea really requires actual medical treatment, or the condition worsens with time.





I mentioned Nicomide earlier -- it's an oral medication which has been studied to be just as effective as antibiotics for mild acne and rosacea. It's an anti-inflammatory medication made from B-vitamins, copper, and zinc. However, merely taking a multi-vitamin won't give you the same results. Nicomide has been prepared with a precise dosage and release-control to obtain the desired anti-inflammatory effects.





So, your best option is to still see a dermatologist. However, if one prescribes MetroGel (a topical antibiotic) for you. You should politely ask that you would prefer Finacea, based on what you have read: that it has better results than MetroGel. (Bacteria are not the cause of rosacea, and MetroGel is just an antibiotic gel.)





Finally, laser treatments called PDL (pulsed-dye laser) can provide long-term results for rosacea patients. These are not as expensive as you might think (especially when you consider the long-term costs of treating rosacea with daily medications and repeated trips to the doctor) -- however, these are not for everyone -- consulting a trained dermatologist will give you the best options.) I would not suggest tanning. It does *temporarily* ';blend in'; the rosacea flare up with surrounding skin, but sun exposure is known contributor to rosacea and long-term progression of the condition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can’t believe that my ROSACEA is really cured. by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday on my face. but am very happy now that am really cured I couldn’t have done this on my own. I was searching the internet about this sickness when I found about Dr Aba, the man that kept his words. I wrote Dr Aba email about my problem, immediately I got a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him, after some minutes he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he has gotten the things needed for the preparation of the herbal medication that will cure my ROSACEA. After he finish preparing the medication, he send it to me and also gave me instructions on how i will be taking the medication. I did exactly as instructed and behold, after 2Weeks my ROSACEA got cured. I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him, am very happy now with my family. you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contacting him through his email: dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com OR whatsApp his mobil number: +2348107155060. Sir I'm indeed grateful for the help

Post a Comment