Saturday, July 24, 2010

How common are enlarged pores with rosacea? (fibroplasia?)?

im 23 and was just diagnosed with rosacea and seb derm. it's not bad yet, just a few pimples and redness. my skin has become extremely oily, which i've never had a problem with before. on my nose and on my cheeks in the area next to my nose my pores have become pretty big. i searched the internet and came across some articles saying that enlarged pores are an early sign of 3rd stage rosacea and fibroplasia. do i have anything to be worried about or is it normal for there to be enlarged pores with the oily skin and rosacea?How common are enlarged pores with rosacea? (fibroplasia?)?
I can't say if they are usually found together, but I have what my derm called ';pre-Rosacea';. I don't have many pimples anymore, but I was on accutane from 18-22 off and on. I have found a cure for oily skin. It is called ';Clinac BPO'; gel. It is used for acne and/or oily skin. It works wonders. I'm 35 now, and I have battled oily skin since I was 14. It costs about 40 bucks for a tube and lasts for months. As for as the redness, laser treatments have nearly eliminated my very red areas. It is expensive - 400 bucks a time, and I have had about 6. If you want any more info on any of the problems you have, let me know. I have been through it all and have found some wonderful remedies!How common are enlarged pores with rosacea? (fibroplasia?)?
welcome to the rosacea club. I was diagnosed two years ago and told to use Metrocream on my face twice daily and when the little red bumps appear, use the Retin A. This has helped keep my pores normal. Rosacea is a form of acne that over time without treatment can cause one to have a cauliflower nose and cheeks with very large pores. A Dermatologist can prescribe topical meds for you to use that will help control it. but you will also need to use sunscreen on your face. You are young and you don't want to look horrible before your 30 so see a dermatologist and use sun screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment