Monday, August 23, 2010

Does it sound like I'm getting rosacea?

A couple days ago, I started getting these pimples on my left cheek, and upper right corner of my eyebrows. The pinples are like in little patches. Then eventually, the one that was on my cheek is now rough and skin comes off when I scratch it. I also seem to have these dots on my neck, and behind my ears, except these ones itch, unlike the ones on my face.





My dad is irish/german, and my mom is japanese. My dad had no porblem with this, but my mom had bad acne, as well as my brother. (I really don't think what I have is acne, because I have acne wants in a while, and it's not the same as these pimples I have on my face now)





Do you think I have rosacea? I'm only 16, and I'm freaking out. How long will it take for the symptoms to get really bad? Bad as in my face turning all red? I really hope I don't have this disease :[ :[ :[Does it sound like I'm getting rosacea?
It is very unlikely that you have rosacea. You might just be breaking out for one reason or another (hormones, allergy, lots of other possibilities). Freaking out because you are worrying too much can be a reason for breaking out, so the best way to go is to calm down. Rosacea in its early stages tends to involve redness and flushing more than pimples or scaling. If I were you, I'd start by seeing an allergist if that is an option for you. Keep very clean, but don't over-scrub, and keep a record of when your breakouts are worse and when better. In the long run, that will help with a diagnosis. And please remember, the ';disease'; might just be your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment