Friday, August 20, 2010

Having ROSACEA and having just SENSITIVE SKIN.. whats the difference?

all of a sudden ever since 4 months ago, my face is getting rough.. i figured it would be from using a new product but im not sure. i tingles when my face gets oily or even dry, which makes my face turn a bit pinkishHaving ROSACEA and having just SENSITIVE SKIN.. whats the difference?
I have the same thing happening when I use an alpha hydroxy cream. I don't know if that's the cause or not, but my skin is sensitive, and if I use a cream with a fragrance, it seems to break me out in a little red rash that looks a lot like rosacea. I've just avoided suntan lotions, fragranced creams, and alpha hydroxy. I hope that helps good luckHaving ROSACEA and having just SENSITIVE SKIN.. whats the difference?
I had to stop using toners, because I had the same thing happen. I researched rosacea and the web site I was reading from said that people with rosacea should avoid toners. So, I stopped using it and my skin got smoother, the tingly feeling stopped, and the redness faded. So you may have mild rosacea. It could be hereditary. I also use Spectro jel, and it works well for me. No moisturizers. Just wash with Spectrojel and that's it.
I need to know where has your face been.
Rosacea and sensitive are 2 complete opposites. Rosacea is a chronic form of acne seen in many adults of all ages and is associated with the permanent dilatation of groups of superficial capillaries and venules... One of the causes is an elevated estrogen level. That's why with rosacea, the face gets so red because of the capillaries so close to the skin. It's very very hard to get rid of rosacea Sensitive skin is just that... sensitive to certain products that will cause a reaction. All you have to do to get rid of sensitive skin, is to stop using whatever product causes you this problem.. May I suggest Eucerin Cream. It is orderless, no perfume, it;'s meant for people like you. Because it is so thick,use plain water on your face, apply tthe cream over the water. I use it and it's wonderful. Hope I helped

No comments:

Post a Comment