Monday, August 23, 2010

Rosacea: Huge pores, red & dry cheeks: HELP!?

I was diagnosed with rosacea. I have few pimples, but my cheeks are very red, dry, and rough, and my pores on the rounds of my cheeks and my nose are huge. If I use foundation or powder to combat the redness, it all just collects in my pores and gives me mini foundation/powder-colored dots on my face. (Lovely look, I assure you.) Does anyone have any ideas on how to: 1.Clean the makeup %26amp; gunk out of my pores without irritating them? (Pore strips are the only things I've found that really work, but I fear I'm causing worse damage) 2.Keep my pores looking smaller 3.Prevent my pores from filling up with makeup %26amp; yuck 4.Moisturize the rough spots without creating worse problems? My dermatologist prescribed finacea (sp?) but I'm trying to get pregnant and really want to avoid any kind of presciption/otherwise questionable medication. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!Rosacea: Huge pores, red %26amp; dry cheeks: HELP!?
1. Check out lindasy.com it's a dermatologists site in CA. Amazing products for rosacea. Sunscreen is the first step in keeping rosacea under control. Plus, they have moisturizers especially for rosacea sufferers. All of their products are ';over the counter';.





2. Stay out of the sun. Or, if you have to be out in it, protect yourself with sunscreen and even a hat.





3. Finacea is great -- it keeps roseacea from ';flaring up'; - and might even help minimize pores. Use it twice a day if your dermo says ok... But, NOT if you are trying to get pregnant.





4. Jojoba oil - I know it sounds crazy, putting oil on your face. But put a few drops of it in your hand and mix with some water and splash on your face. I think it helps with inflammation. You will notice smoother skin in a couple days of use.





Good luck -- Rosacea is the worst, but there are ways of keeping it in check so it doesn't get worse.Rosacea: Huge pores, red %26amp; dry cheeks: HELP!?
Be sure to mix the jojoba oil w/ some water and just ';pat it'; on (then apply any topical meds you use) Also, ask your doctor about using ';Atopiclair'; it's a steroid-free topical cream- but not sure if it's ok to use if you want to get pregnant. It's really improved the texture of my skin. Report Abuse

This may sound crazy but I once got stress induced rosacea, my family doctor gave me a topical crea, that I used, it was clear and dried fast so I could use it in the morning and at night.... it worked amazingly. You might ask for a cream, since you don't want to be taking a pill, which is completely understandable for the situation. To get make-up out of your skin you might want to try a face mask you can use at night... something that dries and kind of like sucks the make-up out of your pores by opening them up and drieing in them. Definitely want to use it at night because when I use a thick mask that dries like that on my face, my face gets really red and tingly, but it's just clean... feels awesome.





Hope this helps!
Dear Purpleal





I feel your pain because I too have had skin issues. But the last six years, I've had absolutely gorgeous skin - why? Aularale Cosmetics (aularale.com/7002). Everything is for sensitive skin. Check out the website (Aularale TV) - there are step by step instructions there to help you rid yourself of dead/dry skin, tighten/firm skin and close pores. And best of all, the make up is water based and matches my skin tone. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. In addition to the skin care regimen, drink more water and eat more fruit/veggies.





Good luck!
you need metrogel thats what my mom uses
i was diagnosed this year and was precribed an antibiotic and metrogel i took the antibiotics for about 3 months and use the metrogel everynight i went last month and had 5 laser geneis treatments it really helpep with the redness and made my skin so soft
You really have to use your medication and let your skin clear. Rosacea is tough to treat. It's really trial and error to find products that won't bother your skin. Go to rosacea.org. They may have a better idea of what could work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment