Friday, August 20, 2010

So I have Blepharaitus caused by rosacea...help?

I am on topical rosacea creams (sulfacetamide) and I do the baby shampoo cleansing routine. It all helps the burning sensation and makes my eyes feel better. BUT! My eyes are so red and I have these horrible purplish-red circles under my eyes. I always look dead tired even when I am not. I can't look at myself or pictures of myself without feeling horrible about my eyes. I used to like my eyes so much and now they look terrible. It is messing with my self esteem in a big way. Ideas?So I have Blepharaitus caused by rosacea...help?
I am not familiar with rosacea but I have had Blepharitis all my life (and so has my mom). My mom was very sensitive to the baby shampoo cleansing; it irritated her skin also. It may be helping your eye lids but irritating the skin under your eyes. Have you tried Polysporin ointment on your eyelids near your lashes (at night)? This works miracles for me. You don't even need the Ophthalmic Polysporin; just buy the one you get in the drug stores. It's much cheaper than the ophthalmic ointment and 99% the same. An eye-doc recommended that to me years ago. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment