Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Advice for treating Rosacea?

I've had rosacea for years and use Noritate creme daily. But it really flairs up sometimes and i get lots of bumps and redness on my cheeks. I know about all the standard precautions against spicey food etc. But I'm looking for tips on what's worked for other people to keep it under control. thanksAdvice for treating Rosacea?
BE careful using that one's answer, Many people are Allergic to sulfur and don't realize it till they use it. I wouldn't unless under a Dr's supervision. A product called metro-gel is what I use for RosaceaAdvice for treating Rosacea?
Rosacea Treatment





In most cases, once a diagnosis of Rosacea has been made a dermatologist will prescribed a combination of oral antibiotics and the use of antibiotic gel as initial treatment. The oral antibiotics will bring the condition under control (reducing redness and the formation of papules and pustules), then the topical treatments will be used to keep the symptoms under control. In all cases the dermatologist should help to determine the relevant lifestyle factors which may need modification to keep flushing/blushing from occurring.





Long term use of Oral Antibiotics is not recommended due to a number of side effects which may occur including sun sensitivity and upset stomach.





A couple of important notes:





- It may take several weeks or more to see any improvement in the condition





- Since Rosacea cannot be cured it will often be necessary to continue with topical treatment (and modification of lifestyle factors) even after symptoms have been reduced or have disappeared. Your dermatologist will make a recommendation based on your particular situation.
metro gel is what i've found to work the best. it has lightened it some but it will never be totally gone.
Rosacea is a mild form of Erythema ab igne in my opinion








Its because you are not avoiding heat





Stay out of saunas, hottubs, steam from cooking, avoid the heat from the sun, avoid the heat from potlights





Do not wear oil on your face. Do not use steroid creams on your face. You aready have thin skin.





Dermatologist have never been able to cure Rosacea. Why is that. They are treating it wrong. I'm one of the very few people in North America that has Erythema ab igne and I'm telling you the symptoms are the same, but more severe.





I had the same thing on my face and it took two years of strict heat and sun avoidance to heal it.
I would like to know too
Homeopathy :-


1.SULFUR 200


2.RHUS TOX 200


Sulfur three drops in the morning in a sip of water just once a day and Rhus Tox three drops in a sip of water in the evening just once a day . Report back after one week with your conditions .


Take Care and God Bless !
OS Updates:


http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupd鈥?/a>


Office Updates:


http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office鈥?/a>


IE 7:


http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/down鈥?/a>
Hello,





If you have the money get laser surgery. They have lasers out there that would make it go away. I hope you find something that works. Goodluck!
I don't think it's possible to avoid heat. Secondly, since I've started working out in the gym, i.e. sweating alot, my rosacea has actually gotten better. Try one of those new products for redness. Clinique has good products, if you can afford it (i can't). Aloe vera treats redness and irritation - I wonder if that would help. I'd like to know too.
oh no that sucks, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment